The desired individual will supervise the operation, installation and maintenance of telecommunications central office switching systems, outside plant facilities, cable headend and plant facilities, voice, video, and data equipment and services, and other associated telecommunications and computer equipment. Citizens offers a dynamic array of broadband services, cable television services, and telecommunications services. This position is first and foremost responsible for keeping these services fully operational at all times.
Essential Job Functions:
• Supervise, coordinate and perform tasks associated with the engineering, installation, preventative and maintenance activities related to all internet systems, central office equipment, fiber optic transmission facilities, and plant facilities.
• Expert in TCP/IP, Active Directory, Windows platforms to include MS Office, Carrier Ethernet, RF Transmission systems, satellite reception, GPON/EPON, and DOCSIS. Familiarity with Linux and strong Cisco CLI skills preferred.
• Supervises personnel (fellow employee-owners), which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
• Responsible for employee development, including hiring, cross training, motivation, retention and performance evaluations of staff.
• Assists with budgeting and planning processes.
• Ensures that all policies and approved methods are followed and used uniformly by all contractors.
• Prepares and reviews various documents, including invoicing, data forms, central office and network records and other reports as needed, regulatory reports to include leak detections, EAS response, DN Utilization and 911 certification.
• Oversees performance of buildings and grounds maintenance contracts, including janitorial work, parking lot maintenance, and other necessary items.
• Promotes and adheres to all safety policies and procedures, ensuring that staff has the necessary licenses and certifications.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Requirements:
• Proven experience in the telecom or related industry, preferably within a successful supervisory capacity.
• Excellent knowledge of network operations with a desire to understand new and emerging technologies.
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to explain technical topics to non-technical people.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to establish business and financial justifications for plant and related marketing initiatives
• Employee development and performance management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The ideal candidate for this job will be a team player, personable, professional, upbeat, energetic, self-motivated, and possess an ownership mindset.
• The Operations Manager position requires constant attention to detail. Must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands.
• The successful candidate must have the initiative to resolve problems and seek answers independently and enthusiastically.
• Full time residency within service territory expected
To Apply Email: firstname.lastname@example.org