The Solutions Design Engineer’s primary focus is two-fold, customer solutions and product development. Solutions Design Engineers are experts on the entire Otelco IP portfolio of products. The Solutions Design Engineer will ensure the Customer experience is positive and efficient and a competitive differentiator. They will act as partners with Sales, Manufacturer’s Representatives, NOC and other Otelco departments, providing technical support to end-users interested in purchasing or enhancing our networked IP solutions and as an escalation point for high profile troubles. Must be willing and have the ability to travel approximately 50 - 75%.
Essential Job Functions:
• Establish and build relationships with customers, and sales partners by serving as the technical liaison for presales to post-sales, with the goal of being the trusted technology advisor and long term business planning partner.
• Follow industry technology trends through self-study, formal training and share the knowledge with Otelco internal colleagues and appropriate external audiences.
• Facilitate customer discovery/design discussions to understand and document business requirements and design requirements necessary for the formulation of optimal solutions.
• Completion of survey qualification, Go / No-Go and service order processes.
• Document and validate customer requirements and submit input to service order processes.
• Deliver solution training to our customers and colleagues on our solutions portfolio via remote and onsite demonstrations and webinars.
• Develop, enhance, and document new and current IP product and service offerings for Otelco.
• Provision and test IP service equipment and solutions including but not limited to SDWAN appliances, L2 Switches, HPBX phones, Broadworks, Grandstream.
• Provide Management competitive intelligence information for strategic planning purposes.
• Generate technical design documents and diagrams for IP network architecture projects.
• Escalation point for customer related and internal troubles.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Exceptional individual management skills, organization skills, technical skills and customer facing skills.
• Demonstrated success and performance in a team environment.
• Works well under pressure with strong technical aptitude.
• Knowledge of MS technologies including MS OS, MS SQL, MS tools, VMware, virtualization and storage technology.
• Educational and work experiences most desired: IP solutions, Broadworks, Router support and provisioning.
• Technical experience and competency in enterprise software and system solutions.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including proficiency in Telecommunications terminology for general communication with clients.
• Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and manage projects effectively.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or IT or equivalent work experience.
• 4-6 years of experience in a technical capacity for IP/HPBX solutions design and deployment.
• 5+ years of experience interfacing with engineering product management and sales organizations.