Copper Valley Telecom is a progressive communications company offering a variety of services in the Prince William Sound & Copper River Basin regions of Alaska. We are currently seeking an Entry Level Network Engineer to join our team. This position is based in Valdez, Alaska: a dream for the outdoors enthusiast with plentiful hunting, fishing, and snow sports.
The Network Engineer is responsible for:
• Engineering of Central Office equipment and systems, including switching, transmission, access, IP network equipment, as well as other necessary equipment to support the reliable delivery of voice, data, and wireless communication services.
• Maintaining current knowledge of industry equipment, making recommendations to supervisory personnel regarding new and improved practices and technology.
• Preparing specifications, Requisitions and Work Orders for installation, and testing of new equipment or related software and upgrades.
General Qualifications, Industry Knowledge, Education and Experience:
• Basic Understanding of Plain Old Telephone Service, electrical circuits, analog and digital telecommunications, Ethernet and IP.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
• Excellent communications skills
An equivalent combination of college study and experience may also be accepted.
This is a full time, hourly, non-exempt position with an outstanding benefits package. This position requires membership in the IBEW Local 1547 Union and satisfactory results of a background check and drug screen (including marijuana).
CVT is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
A full job description may be viewed online at www.cvtc.org.
To apply send resume and cover letter to Rebecca Smith, via email at email@example.com. This position is based in Valdez, AK and we will be accepting applications until Friday, December 15th, 2017.
Please note: CVT will not open emails without content (for example, attachments only) or those with linked documents. Please attach files as PDFs or Word files.