The IP Network Engineer is for configuring/reconfiguring routers and switches as required, provision new orders; assisting as required in troubleshooting and resolving problems; and for maintaining all network documentation to reflect the state of the network.
Essential Job Functions:
• Configure/Reconfigure routers and switches to provision new orders.
• Implement engineering guidelines (QoS, performance, reliability, security, VoIP, monitoring)
• Coordinate installation, testing, and acceptance of router/switch transport equipment
• Interdepartmental IP networking expert by building strong tech relationships with colleagues and vendors
• Escalation tier for support to the NOC for customer and/or IP network transport
• Act as liaison between the NOC and other Operations
• Configure all network monitoring and notifications
• Provide training and specifications for Level I/II NOC support team.
• Maintain and provide periodic audits of Trouble Tickets and trouble ticket process.
• Perform and manage assigned special projects, tasks and other assigned duties.
• Produce network implementation and migration plans
• Design, assemble, test and deploy networks
• Work closely with Solutions Design Group to test, design, and plan for deployments of new products, services and feature sets.
• Develop and maintain in-depth technical and marketing knowledge of key CPE products (Including familiarity with but not limited to Mikrotik, Raisecom, Adtran and Cisco
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience in transport and voice-switched services or IP/router managed Internet or related technology.
• Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Visio and WAN/LAN technology is preferred.
• Knowledge of telecommunications and service provider technology, products and services.
• Must have strong self-motivational skills as well as possess administration, coordination and prioritization abilities.
• Skill in identifying and resolving subscriber problems.
• Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner both orally and in written formats.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments in a fast-paced, changing environment is also necessary.
• Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience in IP routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF and enhanced technologies such as ERPS, MPLS and VPLS
• Extensive working knowledge of VoIP, QOS and SLA standards
• Ethernet capacity management of both Layer 2 and Layer 3 routed and switched TDM, SONET and Packet based network transport is required.
Education and Experience:
Associates degree or equivalent experience plus one to three years telecommunications experience. CCNA certification or equivalent experience required.