The primary responsibilities for this position are to manage the planning and preparation of engineering designs and drawings for new and existing overhead and underground facilities, cables and conduits. Analyze traffic loads and forecast projected traffic to determine needs for new construction, rearrangements or removals. Oversee the preparation of estimates for equipment, labor and material costs. Initiate work authorization requests, order materials and equipment, and direct work activities to ensure conformance with engineering specifications and work authorization, as well as prepare and process required permits. Manage project and departmental budgets and contractor cost efficiencies for all outside plant construction needs.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Prior successful engineering and construction management experience is a must.
• Ability to communicate effectively and to inspire and lead others with a positive attitude.
• Experience in outside plant design and detailing which should include FTTX, copper twisted pair, and hybrid fiber coax planning and design.
• Experience with effective job costing and budget management
• Knowledge of copper and fiber design principles.
• Knowledge of rights of way/easements and permitting processes.
• Knowledge of aerial plant design.
• Understanding of industry standard symbols and procedures.
• The ability to comprehend and modify outside plant record drawings.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to clearly explain issues.
• Support all company policies and safety practices.
• Present a professional appearance and attitude.
• Good time management.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum 5 years engineering and construction management experience
• Prefer 2-year technical degree in an engineering discipline
• GIS and/or CAD design experience
• Continuing Property Records management experience
• A solid understanding of telephony, CATV, and high speed data service delivery technologies
OneSource offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes company provided medical plan, 401(k) savings plan with company matching and a generous paid time off plan. Qualified candidates should send their resume and a cover letter.