DirectLink has an immediate opening for full time Marketing Manager in Canby, OR. We are looking for an applicant who has passion and expertise in delivering technology solutions and services to members and the community.
DirectLink connects over 8,000 members to the world they work, play, and live in through Internet, video, and voice services. The service area includes over 100 square miles in the Canby and Mt. Angel communities located in the northern Willamette Valley, Oregon. DirectLink is a not for profit telecommunications cooperative that began in 1904 and employs over 60 people who contribute to the vitality, creativity, knowledge and expertise that make the company an exciting and challenging place to work. The company has been nationally recognized many times as an innovative industry leader. Visit www.directlink.coop for more information.
The primary purpose of this position is:
The Marketing Manager formulates and executes company marketing plans designed to increase and promote products and/or services. This position is responsible for the overall successful management and leadership of the marketing staff.
• The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years prior telecommunications experience and at least 3 years marketing and direct management responsibility
• Knowledge and understanding of the products and services offered by the company
• Demonstrated knowledge of developing yearly marketing plan, outlining marketing goals, objectives and tactics including developing strategies and goals to support budgets
• Manages the product development lifecycle; demonstrating overall product/business ownership for product area
• Assess and define market segment and philosophy and conduct continuing appraisals and review of products, pricing and marketing penetration. Establishes measurements and controls to continually monitor pricing strategies, sales volume, market penetration and profits
• Prepares marketing reports for review by President and/or Board of Directors
• Responsible for market research on customer satisfaction, product development and public relations
• Assists with technology assessments, product performance evaluation, and operational metrics that provide criteria for go/no-go decisions
• Excellent organizational skills and problem solving skills
• Successful vendor and contract negotiation experience
• Strong leadership skills with proven ability to lead a diverse multifunctional team
• Possess college level education or a combination education and 2 years of experience in the telecommunications industry.
The position is also contemplated to add management services through the shared services model with other telecommunication companies affiliated with Consolidated Business Service (CBS). The position oversees the training and development, performance management, appraisals, coaching, and wage actions to ensure company objectives are met. There will be some travel to other local telecommunication companies within the northern Willamette Valley within a close proximity of approximately 35 miles.
The DirectLink team has committed to; creating a culture of community by breaking down barriers, overcoming adversity and encouraging passion and pride while delivering extraordinary experiences to all.
We are a drug free company and offer a generous benefits package. If you are a qualified candidate, share our values and would like to join the DirectLink team, please submit your resume by email to email@example.com or fax 503-263-9399.