Install, maintain, and test all types of Central Office equipment. Work with all facets of the switch with emphasis on building and maintaining translations for class 4 and 5 switching functions. Handle trouble reports/tickets and clears trouble. Provide on-call support of switching network outside of regular business hours.
Essential job functions include:
1) Ensures quality service by monitoring quality of toll/CABS, Extended Area Service (EAS), phone places and other subscriber facilities by using the MetaSwitch SoftSwitch platform.
2) Provides customer service by completing service orders and BCI’s, receiving trouble reports/tickets and clearing trouble. Completes appropriate reports and records and forwards information to appropriate departments. Works with other departments to resolve service order and ticket issues.
3) Builds, troubleshoots and translates PRIs and SIP trunks as needed. Installs and maintains trunks with long distance carriers and LECs.
4) Works with tandem switch customers on trunk and translations issues including routing, SS7 and 800 traffic issues. Monitors and troubleshoots wireless 911 facilities.
5) Maintains and assists in the installation, service and removal of Central Office facilities and equipment.
6)May assist outside Plant Technicians with troubleshooting as needed.
7) Performs other duties as needed.*
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1) telecommunications industry and digital switching technology.
2) company products, services, policies, and procedures.
3) Central Office equipment.
4) industry regulations.
1) installing, repairing and maintaining Central Office switching equipment.
2) using mechanical and electric power tools.
3) analytical thinking and problem solving.
1) communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
2) read and interpret documents such as schematics, blueprints, circuit diagrams and equipment documentation.
3) pay close attention to detail.
4) evaluate, test, and repair sophisticated equipment.
5) work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
6) effectively function as a team player.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent plus three to five years of electronic maintenance or telecommunications experience or equivalent work experience. Knowledge and experience with the META Softswitch and DS3 and higher facilities preferred. Familiarity with number portability processes and experience with other legacy equipment helpful.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send an email to HR@ninestarconnect.com.