Job Summary: Directs activities of Field Operations, Centralized Operations and Engineering. Develops and recommends short- and long–range network strategy. Develops budgets, authorizes expenditures and oversee projects to ensure business plan objectives are met. Researches industry trends and technology developments and makes recommendations to executive management.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Directs activities of outside plant, engineering, central office, installation/repair, construction, I.T., facilities, data operations, and service delivery through subordinate managers. Provides leadership to all areas of operations to ensure highest levels of customer/network service, quality, and cost effectiveness.
• Manage the operations staff, including selection, training, development, performance management, appraisals, and coaching, insuring the goals and objectives set by the company are met.
• Develops business plans in support of network strategy.
• Develops operations budgets, authorizes expenditures and oversees projects to ensure business plan objectives are met.
• Identifies researches and recommends new products, services, and technologies to executive management.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by AGM/CEO.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of management principles and practices.
• In-depth knowledge of voice, video, and data communications systems.
• Knowledge of the products and services offered by the company and the systems required for service delivery.
• Knowledge of fiber to the premise (FTTP) architectures.
• Knowledge of internet protocol architecture and applications.
• Knowledge of telephone industry regulations.
• Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs and telephone systems.
• Skill in identifying and analyzing new business opportunities.
• Skill in identifying and analyzing technology trends.
• Skill in network planning and development.
• Skill in public speaking and formal presentations.
• Ability to plan, prioritize, and schedule work efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment.
• Ability to think analytically and be a problem solver.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and in speaking, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service.
• Ability to perform as a leader with minimal supervision.
• Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
• Ability to travel.
• Ability to obtain a valid driver’s license.
Any combination equivalent to the following education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities would be: Bachelor’s degree in applicable or related field and/or a combination of five to 10 years of progressive experience within the telecommunications industry including the engineering, operations, and management of telecommunications networks.
• Seeing: must be able to read computer screen and various reports.
• Hearing: must be able to hear well enough to communicate with employees and industry contacts
• Standing and walking
• Climbing, stooping and kneeling
• May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
• Fingering, grasping, feeling: must be able to write type, and use phone system.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Nemont reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If interested, visit our website at www.nemont.com to apply.