Job Summary: Plans and prepares drawings for construction of new and removal or rearrangement of existing aerial and underground lines, cables and conduits. Analyzes traffic loads, available and existing lines, and forecasts or estimates projected traffic to determine new construction or rearrangements of removals required. Selects routing of lines and determines equipment requirements. Prepares detailed construction and installation drawings and estimates equipment, labor, and material costs.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Design and engineer all outside plant projects as directed by the Engineering Manager.
• Consult with Engineering Manager on all outside plant and engineering design.
• Ensure all projects are done in compliance with RUS specifications.
• Responsible for staking of lines on all new projects.
• Supervise outside contract engineering employees as directed by Engineering Manager.
• Work with CAD mapping and facilities records systems.
• Design and engineer new installations and coordinate switched and special access facilities.
• Engineer and assist in coordinating the installation of subscriber carrier and other transmission systems.
• Recommend cost effective solutions for all companies.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function or as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must possess knowledge of all aspects of outside plant.
• Must have ability to communicate and work well with people.
• Ability to work in a teamwork environment is a MUST.
• Must be able to effectively manage contract engineering employees
• Maintain confidentiality of Cooperative records when required.
• Obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license, having a good driving record and be insured under the Company’s insurance policy.
Any combination equivalent to the following education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities would be: Bachelor’s degree of Science in Electrical Engineering or job experience with documented performance. Cooperative experience a plus.
• Sits, walks, and stands intermittently during working day.
• Must be able to perform all duties of department personnel.
• May be called upon to work in any kind of weather.
• Able to meet and work with employees and the public.
• Considerable judgment required.
• Works under nominal supervision where standard procedures are generally available.
• May require irregular hours.
Outside Plant Engineer Page 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Nemont reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If Interested please visit www.nemont.com and apply online.