Multiple ILEC Telephone companies in Oregon are seeking a Controller/Senior Accountant who thrives in a fast-paced, team oriented environment. This position is located in Mt. Angel, OR. This is a full time position Monday – Friday.
First in the West, only second in the nation. Consolidated Business Services provides efficient and economical outsourced partnerships for standard telecommunications back-office business tasks so your company can focus on what it does best.
The Controller/Senior Accountant Plans and directs accounting activities to support the full cycle accounting for multiple client companies.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a minimum of ten years general accounting experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
• Progressive financial management and accounting experience
• Excellent listening and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to respond to the overall needs of the department in order to maintain service standards and guidance to staff
• Must have excellent organizational skills
• Proficiency with accounting software. Previous experience with iVeu, Omnia, Microsoft dynamics a plus!
• Ability to confidently manage multiple and competing priorities
• At least five years in the telecommunications and or utilities industry
• Responsible for monthly financial reports including income statements, balance sheets and cash flow as well as any other custom reports requested by the client.
• Prepares annual operating budgets specific to each client’s needs.
• Produce monthly/quarterly actual vs budget summaries for distribution to department managers.
• Works with outside consultants as necessary to complete cost studies, financial statement audits, and other projects as needed.
• Responsible for preparation/oversight of accurate and timely financial and regulatory reports for such entities as: pooling agents (NECA and USAC), inter-exchange carriers, financial institutions, federal and state authorities (e.g., IRS, OPUC and ODR), and other regulatory authorities as required.
• Prepares subsidiary ledgers related to accounts receivable, revenues, inventory, work orders, fixed assets, operating expenses and depreciation. Analyzes revenue/expense variance.
• Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, and procedures relating to financial management. Implements, monitors and enhances internal controls.
• Oversees or prepares material for insurance renewals.
• Responsible for supervision of staff including; training and development, performance management, appraisals, and coaching to ensure company objectives are met.
• Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation between employees and client companies.
• Performs other job duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job functions or as assigned
We are a drug free company and offer a generous benefits package. Applicants must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record. If you are a qualified candidate and would like to join the CBS team, please submit your resume by email to email@example.com or fax 503-263-9399. CBS is an EEO employer. For more information about us, please visit http://cbsoregon.com/