Individual must have intermediate to advanced knowledge of Windows, networking, as well as possess knowledge of computer hardware. Responsible for installation, configuration, administration, maintenance, and support of the organization’s network. Install, configure, maintain, and support the organization’s operating systems. Analyze and resolve problems associated with Windows server hardware, Windows workstations, networking, PC software, and SQL Server. Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems. Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software problems pertaining to corporate LAN or WAN.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Install, configure, support and maintain organization’s Windows operating systems and software both local and remotely.
• Train users on correct operations and procedures.
• Support, monitor, test, troubleshoot network problems pertaining to corporate LAN/WAN.
• Install, configure and maintain server hardware, workstations, and application software.
• Maintain and coordinate company Intranet.
• Must work effectively as a team player.
• Submit timesheets in a timely manner.
• Attend company safety and training meetings.
• Serve as backup to Information Technology Systems Technician, AS/400 knowledge desirable.
• Perform all other related duties assigned by management.*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Education and Experience:
A degree in information technology or related field preferred. Any combination of education and experience equivalent to an degree in electronics, information technology, or related field (a minimum of two years of additional appropriate related experience may be substituted for each year of education
Send resume with cover letter to:
Forsyth, MT 59327