Install, maintain, and service telephone lines, special circuit lines, broadband services, subscriber carrier systems, cable terminals, protection devices, and customer-owned equipment. May also diagnose and repair trouble in switching equipment, alarm network equipment, wireless systems, standby generators, fiber equipment, voice frequency repeaters, loop extenders, and cable loading systems. Repair and maintain multi-line telephone key systems and PBX’s. Coordinate with other departments on service installations and changes necessary to update billing, facilities, and other company records. Complete all installation and repair-related forms and reports. Locate and splice communications cable. Operate equipment to install aerial or buried cable. Complete on-call shifts when assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Install new service and equipment for subscribers by installing drop wires, underground cable, station protectors, and network interface devices. Wires new systems using appropriate tools.
• Maintain and repair existing services and equipment by using test sets to locate line trouble. Determine necessary repairs which may include repairing or replacing wiring, cable, pedestals, pedestal stubs, station protectors, ground connections, running new wires and replacing jacks, lids and pedestals as needed.
• Ability to use standard and special purpose hand tools, equipment to splice and locate communications cables
• Install concealed telephone wire and other equipment at buildings under construction.
• Works with COE Department to diagnose and repair trouble in switching equipment, carrier systems. Test telephone plant and report unsatisfactory conditions; conduct minor central office repairs.
• Complete all outside plant related forms and reports.
• Maintain generators in service area.
• Maintain and repair multi-line key systems and PBX’s.
• Assist in obtaining easements; abide by RUS and other industry specifications as required.
• Submit sketches and measurements and make staking sheets when assigned.
• Locate copper and/or fiber optic cable when requested.
• Operate equipment to install aerial or buried cable.
• Coordinate with other departments on work projects; coordinate with plant and commercial staff to update records upon job completion.
• Complete on-call shifts when assigned.
• Interface with the public and customers in a professional manner.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management*
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: H. S. diploma or equivalent PLUS two years of Electronics Technology schooling or equivalent work experience. Experience in the installation and maintenance of outside plant and associated electronics preferred.
Send resume, cover letter to:
Forsyth, MT 59327