Blue Valley Tele-Communications/Networks Plus is looking for a Senior IT/Sales Engineer to be based in our Manhattan, KS office. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is experienced in a wide range of IT disciplines, maintains a high degree of skill, and is extremely customer-focused
This position is responsible for providing IT service and support to our customers in their business environment, as well as partnering closely with our Business Consulting team to architect solutions, create and execute Statements of Work, and assist our customers in planning their infrastructure for success. This position is part of a dynamic team environment with opportunities for mentoring and growth.
The successful applicant should have the following qualifications:
• Exceptional customer service skills
• High level of communications skills, particularly verbal and written
• Experience in writing Statements of Work and responding to RFPs
• At least 5 years of experience in IT service and support, including, but not limited to,
o Support of Microsoft Server and workstation operating systems, as well as Active Directory
o Support of Microsoft applications. Exchange and/or SQL experience preferred
• MCSA/MCSE or VCP certification or equivalent experience is required
• Strong background in Virtualization is essential
• Background in general security and firewalls is essential
• Familiarity with regulatory compliance is essential
• Strong background in switching and routing is preferred
• Well versed in TCP/IP applications, including, but not limited to,
o DNS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, S/FTP, webserving
• Must be willing to travel
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
A technical degree or equivalent experience is required. A degree in IT, IS, MIS, or IA is preferred.
Valid driver’s license and good driving record, required.
Residency within 25 miles of Manhattan, required.
Company phone & vehicle provided
Salary will be commensurate with experience and education.
Blue Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume to Human Resources, Blue Valley Tele-Communications Inc., 1559 Pony Express Hwy, Home, KS 66438 or email@example.com