Position: Technical Support Specialist
Department: Customer Service
Location: Quitman, TX OR Royse City, TX
Position Summary: Provides customer service and technical support to internet customers. Researches complex internet problems and issues to determine solutions. Updates customer internet account information as appropriate.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provides technical support to internet customers by answering phone calls, gathering relevant information and troubleshooting and resolving problems and issues.
• Researches complex internet problems and issues to determine solutions.
• Updates customer internet account information as appropriate.
• May perform special internet-related projects as requested.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.*
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of computer operating systems.
• Knowledge of web technologies, technical languages, browsers, search procedures, search engines, platforms and applications.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of computer hardware and software.
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Skill in operating various types of internet equipment such as modems and/or routers. .
• Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, fax machine and telephone system.
• Skill in problem solving and resolution.
• Ability to communicate with customer, co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to read and interpret technical documents.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required. One (1) to two (2) years of specialized training in computer science and one (1) to two (2) years’ experience in internet customer service is preferred.
Interested candidates should visit our website at www.peoplescom.net/careers/ for more information and to apply.