Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots Outside Plant, Central Office, and customer premise equipment. Restores buildings and grounds disrupted during service work.
*Essential Job Functions:
*Percentage of time spent on these job duties will vary depending on service area, and the technologies used in that area.
1. Installs DSL, POTS, CATV, Wireless, and some Network wiring. Installs include cat5 wire, antennae and modem programming, NIC installation and programs associated software, coax, jacks, I/W, Mainframe wiring, and cross connect wiring. Technician informs Network Services staff upon completion of service orders to keep records up-to-date with all necessary information. *
2. Troubleshoots Outside Plant including DLC, POTS along with CATV, CPE, Wireless and DSL problems. Includes underground fault finding, customer premise I/W and equipment, modem, antennae and computer issues, digital boxes and coax at the premise. Performs disconnects and reconnects. Informs Network Services upon completion of service orders to keep records up to date with all necessary information. *
3. Locates copper and fiber plant, marking the route and exposing if necessary. *
4. Splices copper associated with new cable and repair of cut cable. Splices fiber for new installation and repairs cut fiber. *
5. Keeps assigned vehicle clean and stocked with appropriate materials. Reports any mechanical failures or need for service to appropriate personnel. *
6. Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.*
Full-time, M-F, 8am-5pm and some weekends if needed, with benefits. This position opening is located on Adak, in Alaska. Adak Eagle Enterprises, LLC and its subsidiaries including all voice, video, routers, firewalls, switches/hubs, access, servers, operating systems and data reconfiguration, systems upgrade and redesign. Serves as support staff for all technology /technical issues and projects. A Bachelor Degree with and or 3 years of work experience in the IT field or equivalent work experience. Encouraged to have a Cisco CCNA Certification and MCSE/MCP certifications would be a plus. Application is required with resume submission. Application can be found at company website (http://www.adaktu.com/).