The DBA position will be responsible for maintaining the company’s database systems including back-up, performance tuning, capacity planning, monitoring critical events and documentation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Create and manage multiple databases and assist in capacity planning.
• Monitor, maintain database systems and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
• Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
• Plans database upgrades by maintaining , evaluating, and improving a transaction processing model
• Assesses database performance by developing a protocol for measurement of results and identification of problem areas.
• Supports database performance by monitoring database performance; evaluating and resolving processing and programming problems; designing database management tools; answering user questions.
• Secures database by preparing access and control policies and procedures; implementing disaster recovery procedures.
• Supports application design by contributing expertise to applications, operations, and technical support teams.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Write efficient and proper T-SQL queries to analyze and retrieve data for reporting purposes.
• Write efficient and proper T-SQL queries to perform common database functions such as building stored procedures, views, tables, indexes, etc.
• Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, transaction logging, recovery, migration, etc.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience plus four years experience preferred.