Central Scott Telephone / CS Technologies are looking to hire an experienced Combination Technician for our Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin markets.
Performs a variety of duties including Internet, phone and video-service installations and repair; supports timely customer installations and ongoing satisfaction.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Central Scott Telephone / CS Technologies provide Internet, phone and video-services in the Scott County communities of Eldridge, Long Grove, Parkview, Donahue, McCausland & Dixon, Iowa. CS Technologies currently operates in the communities of Bettendorf, Davenport, and Dubuque, Iowa as well as Rock Island and Moline, Illinois. Together with our Wisconsin operations Central Scott Telephone / CS Technologies serves a diverse mix of both residential and business customer requirements.
Central Scott Telephone / CS Technologies of Eldridge, Iowa is seeking a motivated individual with technical skills to perform a variety of installation and repair duties including Internet, phone and video-service installations. Other responsibilities consist of trouble shooting and repair of these services.
• High School Diploma - required
• College degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or Electrical Engineering - preferred
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal - required
• Ability to work independently - required
• Positive customer service attitude – required
• Ability to perform in-depth trouble shooting – required
• Attention to detail – required
• Fast learner and self-starter - required
• PC and smartphone application knowledge (Google, Microsoft, Adobe, etc..) – required
• Experience in working with basic hand tools and drills – required
• Safety first mindset – required
• Eligible to work in USA - required
• Various types of cabling experience – preferred
• CATV and IPTV experience - preferred
• Basic electrical theory – preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Performs work duties both inside customer premises and outdoors often in harsh environments. Travel is required to customer locations; must be able to drive company vehicle and maintain a valid state driver’s license. Must be able to push, pull, bend, stoop, climb and reach. Must be available to work occasional off hours and participate in on-call rotation. Must have good hearing and ability to identify and distinguish colors. Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, climb stairs, ladder and at times work in tight spaces. Pass drug testing. Perform other physical duties as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Every decision made at Central Scott Telephone / CS Technologies concerning hiring, promotion, compensation, training, assignment of job responsibilities, termination, or any other aspect of the employment relationship is made without regard to any legally protected characteristics such as race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, or other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Primary Location: US - Eldridge, IA – Quad Cities, IA and IL, Dubuque, IA and at times Cuba City, WI
Work Locations: Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin - 125 N Second St., Eldridge, IA 52748
Job: Combo Technician
Organization: CS Technologies and affiliated companies in Iowa and Wisconsin
Shift: Primary 1st, Full-time
Please EMAIL cover letter, resume, and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org