Owned and operated in the capital city of Lincoln, Nebraska; NebraskaLink is a Communications Company providing a state-of-the-art fiber optic network directly linking over 60 rural Nebraska communities to the larger urban communities both inside and outside of Nebraska.
We provide competitive pricing, diversified routing, and redundant facilities to local governments, educational institutions, healthcare, financial, manufacturing and agricultural industries as well as wholesale carriers and internet service providers.
The Network Technician I position assists in provisioning, order turn-up, testing and circuit closeout for all customer and internal circuits on an all fiber optic Statewide Network. The position requires the technician to work with internal NebraskaLink personnel as well as numerous state and nationwide partners to insure quality and dependability. The Network Technician I will also perform first line daytime (or afterhours if needed) NOC and troubleshooting services within the Operation’s department. The Network Technician I position will report to the Service Assurance Manager within the Operations Department.
• Pre-testing of customer/internal circuits as assigned
• Circuit and Network provisioning as assigned by Engineering
• Assist OSP in testing and turn-up of customer circuits
• Verify accuracy of order details before closeout
• Perform all circuit closeout tasks assigned
• Daytime first responder for NOC services and customer troubleshooting (afterhours may be required)
• Monitor System alarms
• Check in and/or order equipment
• Update/True-up of inventory management software
• Assist Engineering Department in core backbone equipment install, turn-up & testing
• Upkeep and organization of Inventory room
• Hands and Feet for installs as needed by OSP
• All other duties assigned by management
• Attention to detail
• Good time management
• Ability to prioritize
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Ability to work through challenging situations
• Good problem solving & troubleshooting skills
• Good communication and documentation skills
• Ability to affectively work with NLK team members, partners or vendors in emergency situations
• Ability to weigh all options and make sound decisions in normal or emergency situations
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to learn and manipulate multiple software programs for circuit provisioning, network monitoring, network assurance and troubleshooting
Education and Experience:
• Associates or Technical Degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science or other related field or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a WAN related or other data communications position.
• Experience in Layer 2 transport and Layer 3 is preferred
• Knowledge of networking and TCP/IP v4 & v6
• Knowledge of full suite of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Visio, etc.)
• Previous NOC or circuit provisioning experience a plus