NineStar Connect currently has a job opening for the position of Support Center Technician. This is a position that requires some evening and weekend work. NineStar Connect is an innovative community-minded, communications, energy, water and sewer cooperative. We provide the infrastructure that empowers thoughtful development and improves quality of place in Central Indiana.
As a Support Technician, you will provide telephone, email and click-to-chat technical support to phone, dial-up, broadband Internet, and video customers, by answering questions, resolving issues, and processing information. This role at NineStar Connect also provides support with answering/dispatching services to business customers. As a Support Technician, you will accurately open, update and close trouble tickets, and work with other departments inside the company to ensure that customer issues are accurately tracked, dispatched and resolved.
• Provide customer support by taking incoming calls and chat sessions regarding service problems, questions or concerns, including email, web authentication, loss of service, and other associated issues.
• Testing of returned equipment and either disposing of it or returning to field
• Provide answering/dispatching services to business customers
• Occasional work in the field, either face-to-face with the customer or at one of our Central Offices.
• telecommunications products and services
• computer hardware and break/fix skills
• internet Protocols, programs, and common issues
• Microsoft products (clients and systems)
• current Antivirus and Security products
• all common email clients and web browsers
• various forms such as service orders and trouble tickets
Advanced knowledge of:
• TCP/IP networking
• providing “help desk” support
• oral and written communication
• problem solving
• completing multiple tasks at once
• communicate with coworkers, customers and vendors in a professional manner
• work independently
• pay close attention to detail
• work as a team player
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must possess a valid Indiana Driver's License.
• Live within a sixty (60) minute response time to NineStar Connect’s North Campus facility.
• A+ and Network+ certification or equivalent Microsoft Certification preferred.
NineStar Connect offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, retirement and 401(k).
Apply online at www.ninestarconnect.com and send resumes to Human Resources at HR@ninestarconnect.com by Monday, November 6, 2017.