Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots Outside Plant, Central Office, and customer premise equipment. Restores buildings and grounds disrupted during service work.
1. Installs DSL, POTS, CATV, Wireless, and Network wiring. Installs include cat5 wire, antennae and modem programming, NIC installation and programs associated software, coax, jacks, I/W, Mainframe wiring, and cross connect wiring. Technician completion of service orders to keep records up-to-date with all necessary information.
2. Troubleshoots Outside Plant including DLC, POTS along with CATV, CPE, Wireless and DSL problems. Includes underground fault finding, customer premise I/W and equipment, modem, antennae and computer issues, digital boxes and coax at the premise. Performs disconnects and reconnects. Informs Services upon completion of service orders to keep records up to date with all necessary information.
3. Locates copper and fiber plant, marking the route and exposing if necessary.
4. Splices copper associated with new cable and repair of cut cable. Splices fiber for new installation and repairs cut fiber.
5. Keeps assigned vehicle clean and stocked with appropriate materials. Reports any mechanical failures or need for service to appropriate Supervisor.
6. Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management
Minimum five years of communications work experience or equivalent work experience. Wireless Internet installation experience beneficial. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
**Rotating shifts -two in a half weeks on (island) the other two weeks will be in the Anchorage office maintaining Network system. Application information at www.adaktu.net. Resume and application submission via email only.