At CTC, our mission for employees is to inspire one another to support and strengthen the communities we serve.
CTC is a grass roots coop that was established in 1950 and began offering service in 1952. CTC started out by delivering phone service to the rural Brainerd Lakes Area. Today CTC still serves those members, but now offers state-of-the-art services such as High Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Home Monitoring over our Fiber Optic Network. Our service area continues to grow across the State of Minnesota and we actively look forward to new technology and expansion.
CTC has an immediate opening for a GIS Technician. This position is responsible for performing entry to mid-level professional GIS duties while assisting CTC’s engineering staff with their daily activities. The candidate will be involved in all aspects of GIS. Essential duties will include collect, manage, create and edit spatial data for incorporation into analyses, graphics, maps and projects.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Strong knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS desktop software for map generation and data creation.
• 1 year experience in the GIS field using ArcGIS desktop software.
• Exceptional cartography skills.
• Willingness to work within a team environment with variable tasking.
• Ability to perform field data collection and validation activities as needed.
• Minimum 2 year degree in GIS or Telecommunications from an accredited technical college or program.
• Experience with Telecommunications or other Utility related projects.
• Experience with python scripting or model builder for ArcGIS Desktop.
• Experience with ArcGIS Pro.
• Experience with ArcGIS Online and/or Portal for ArcGIS.
• Experience with Enterprise spatial databases.
• Experience with AutoCAD.
CTC offers a competitive benefit and compensation package. Pre-employment drug testing is required. CTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 27, 2017.