DirectLink has an opening for a full time Service Center Technician I in Canby, OR.
The primary purpose of this position is: Responds to calls from members, employees, and technicians regarding the status of service orders, trouble tickets and general service information.
• At least 1-2 year previous experience in the telecommunications industry
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Knowledge of modems, routers and connectivity issues and resolution
• Understanding of the functionality and purpose of central office equipment and a facility management system
• Proficient in computer programs and testing equipment
• Good problem solving skills
• Excellent customer service and the ability to patiently verbally guide members through a series of steps to achieve resolution
• Provides end user technical support to existing Internet members by troubleshooting software and hardware problems, and explaining features and service changes. Includes logging into member’s premise equipment, routers, or wife modems for customizing.
• Assigns copper and fiber facilities from Facility Management, making rearrangements when necessary. Update and maintain accurate information in FM System.
• Receives trouble calls for voice services and coordinates repair with member. Tests, repairs or dispatches, and logs receipt of the trouble call and complete it in the trouble ticket system.
• Receives and prioritizes all service orders by date and type of order. Determines work functions to complete the request.
• Assists with inventory receiving, logging and record keeping. Updates inventory system to maintain accurate information. Tests and cleans inventory to allow for redeployment or RMA. Mainly focuses on Set Top Boxes, modems, and routers.
• Performs other job duties and responsibilities a required to fulfill job functions as assigned.
DirectLink connects over 8,000 members to the world they work, play, and live in through Internet, video, and voice services. The service area includes over 100 square miles in the Canby and Mt. Angel communities located in the northern Willamette Valley, Oregon. DirectLink is a not for profit telecommunications cooperative that began in 1904 and employs over 60 people who contribute to the vitality, creativity, knowledge and expertise that make the company an exciting and challenging place to work. The company has been nationally recognized many times as an innovative industry leader. Visit www.directlink.coop for more information.
The DirectLink team has committed to; creating a culture of community by breaking down barriers, overcoming adversity and encouraging passion and pride while delivering extraordinary experiences to all. We are a drug free company and offer a generous benefits package. If you are a qualified candidate, share our values and would like to join the DirectLink team please apply ASAP! Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax 503-263-9399.