The Security Alarm Technician II will provide proficient technician support activities for the Security Alarm Department. The individual selected for this position will be primarily responsible for the installation, programming, maintenance and repair of multiple brands of security alarm, residential fire alarm, medical alarm systems, access control, camera/surveillance systems, and other independent equipment. This position also includes preparing estimates with directions of supervisor, seeking sales opportunities and providing customer service. Travel in and around the Cooperative’s service area will be required.
The individual selected for this position must demonstrate the ability to learn new technologies in the alarm industry. The ability to consistently follow policies and procedures and be able to work effectively without close supervision is required. Problem-solving skills, accuracy, attention to detail and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment are essential. Must possess a professional appearance and manner with good customer rapport.
ON-CALL ROTATION (providing afterhours and weekend support as needed and other support activities as required)
Experience and Knowledge
- Must meet all State of Texas licensing requirements (i.e., mandatory background checks, fingerprint checks).
- Must hold a Fire Alarm Technician License (or be able to successfully obtain within 6 months of hire date.)
- Must hold a Class C Texas Driver’s License with a safe driving record and be insurable under HCTC’s insurance policy.
- Experience and knowledge with security alarms, fire alarms, access control systems, cameras and digital recording systems a must. IP camera and Automation experience a plus.
- Basic office skills needed to support paperwork and support work flow in the Office and in the field (e-mail, texting, faxing, etc.)
Apply at www.hctc.net.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE