OTT Communications, a division of OTELCO is a Competitive Telecommunications Service Provider, commonly referred to as a Competitive Local Exchange Carrier or CLEC. We provide a full complement of telecommunication service offerings over our own transport infrastructure and off of our own switching and routing hardware. Our facility-based services include local and long distance calling services, high-speed Internet access, VoIP, ISP support and IP WAN data connectivity. The Account Executive is a key position within the Sales Department. This position is responsible for developing business associated with the organizations retail services product portfolio. This position will actively work at identifying new customers and potential market opportunities.
Essential Job Functions:
• Maintain sales production to meet or exceed individual quota.
• Identify business opportunities with medium and large commercial accounts in defined territory through prospecting/networking activities.
• Assist as necessary with maintenance of existing retail account portfolio.
• Maximize organization’s investment in fiber builds and network deployment by securing business with building tenants or identifying opportunities within close proximity to facilities.
• Knowledge of company products and telecommunication services including, but not limited to voice (TDM and IP), long distance, Internet, WAN, hosting and collocation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate must have previous business to business sales experience, and a proven track record of sales achievement and maintaining solid relationships with our existing and new customers. Telecommunications experience is a plus but will consider successful, driven sales professionals from other industries.
• Understand costs associated with service deployment and work to maintain margins.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of sales practices and principles.
• Ability to close sales.
• Skill in operating various office equipment. Proficient in the use of personal computer applications including Microsoft Office, and customer relationship management (CRM) applications.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong telephone communication skills for appointment setting and general communication with clients.
• Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and manage projects effectively.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
Education and Experience:
Preference will be given to candidates with an Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
5+ years of customer relations experience in the Telecommunications industry.