The PRNet is the NTCA‘s special interest group for telco public relations, community relations, sales and marketing professionals. It developed from a member suggestion that NTCA provide a way for telco public relations and marketing staff to share ideas to increase the effectiveness of their efforts. Launched in September 1995 with 17 charter members, the PRNet currently has more than 500 members, including telco managers, marketing/PR staff and administrative staff. For more information about NTCA's PRNet, contact Jonah Arellano, communications coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRNet services include:
- Telco Newsletter Connection, an online exchange where you may access customer and employee newsletters from NTCA member telcos across the country.
- PRNet Resources offers a variety of examples from PRNet peers ranging from donation policies to ad campaigns.
- PRNetworkings, is a blog for rural telecom public relations and marketing professionals. Visit often for insights, ideas, tips, tools and techniques. Past issues are available.
- PR & Marketing Conference, a two-day conference focused on series of marketing/PR topics for the independent telco marketing pro.
- The PRNet listserv, a free e-mail listserv that connects fellow PRNet members with each other and allows them to query their colleagues on various topics.
- The annual TeleChoice Awards, which recognize excellence in marketing and PR, provides an outlet for PRNet members to show off their annual reports, customer newsletters, advertising, single target print publications and Websites. The entries are accepted between January and March with winners announced at the PR & Marketing Conference.