Navigating the Changes, Possibilities and Shifting Enforcement Focus in Employment Law
November 7, 2017
2:00 p.m. ET
Fee: $199 per NTCA member site
$245 per nonmember site
The landscape of employment law is continually evolving and HR and business leaders need to be sure they aware of the latest developments. This webinar addresses various issues and questions relating to current changes and regulatory priorities in federal employment law. In addition, you will discuss current Department of Labor regulations on the payment of overtime and any potential changes to the law; issues relating to OSHA rules and enforcement; possible changes to social media and employee surveillance requirements; as well as other broad-based initiatives from various agencies like the National Labor Relations Board. Americans with Disabilities Act accommodation issues will also be discussed.
What You Will Learn
- Understanding wage and hour regulations and what's next for the future of overtime payments.
- Ensuring compliance with safety regulations.
- Anticipating how social media is impacting employment law.
- Complying with requests for reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Who Should Attend
- Chief executive officers and general managers
- Human resource professionals
- Managers and supervisors
About the Presenter
Jo Ellen Whitney is a senior shareholder of the Davis Brown Law Firm. She is the chair of the firm's employment and labor relations department and practices in the areas of employment and labor law, health law, privacy and security, and fair housing. Her clients describe her as "top notch" and appreciate her unique ability to manage the everyday chaos many employers and HR managers face.
Viewing this presentation, either as a live event or archived, counts for one credit toward PHR/SPRH recertification from the HR Certification Institute and one credit toward recertification with the Society of Human Resources Management.
Note: You are responsible for tracking your participation in this event.
This software can be used to record meetings. By participating in this meeting, you agree that your communications may be monitored or recorded at any time during the meeting.
Registration includes one Internet connection, one telephone connection at one location, one master set of handouts (with permission to make additional copies for the participants at your location) and an unlimited number of participants from your organization in one listening room.
• No-shows are responsible for the full registration fee.
• No refunds will be issued.
• If you are unable to attend on the actual event date, a recording of the event will be provided upon request within one week of the actual event.
For more information, contact human resources at 703-351-2082 or firstname.lastname@example.org.