The Accountant supervises all accounting and bookkeeping functions and reports to the Accounting Manager. The Accountant is responsible for the general ledger, bank statements, daily cash activities, the maintenance of accounting and credit policies. Recommends accounting and credit policies. The Accountant directs other departments in the daily accounting and bookkeeping activities and supervises the bookkeepers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for oversight of:
• Maintains financial records of the telco and supervises activities of accounting staff; provides complete and accurate records and statistical reports;
• Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers, supervises the monthly closing of the general ledger and prepares operating and financial statements;
• Maintains accounting policies in accordance with FCC, GAAP, RUS, and state PRC guidelines;
• Reviews methods to improve services and to classify and analyze budget data and procedures;
• Reviews journal entries for accuracy and verifies all balance sheet accounts;
• Supervises payroll preparation and verifies accuracy of payroll record keeping; oversees monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll, benefits, 401(k), and credit union tax reports;
• Oversees accounts payable function, including credit standing, inventory control, delinquent accounts, and invoice discrepancies;
• Maintains financial records of all telephone plant in accordance with the FCC’s Uniform System of Accounts and state PRC requirements; and
• Prepares relevant documentation for RUS loans requests and reports.
• Oversees cash disbursements and company payroll.
• Recommends and carries out guidelines for controls and internal auditing system;
• Participates in policy development, accounting department and company goals, guidelines and procedures.
• Helps prepares accounting department budget and ensures achievement of budgeted goals.
• Responds to data requests from state PRC, RUS, NECA, other industry organizations, auditing or tax-related agencies, and connecting companies.
• Verifies all capital credit accounts; interacts with CPA and RUS field accountant on reporting requirements;
• Provides assistance, as required, by other departments to promote customer satisfaction for all services provided, or any other responsibilities as required by the Accounting Manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, plus three to five years of experience in accounting or finance. Telecommunications experience is preferred.
Leaco Rural Telephone Cooperative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This Job Description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company objectives. The description incorporates the most typical duties performed and covers only the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position.
Resume's may be submitted to Myra Lane, HR Manager.