Copper Valley Telecom is hiring an Accounting Assistant to join our team! This position may be responsible for any of the following: processing accounts payable, preparing and processing payroll, maintaining the general ledgers, maintaining complete and accurate work orders, and reconciling and preparing inventory records and journal entries.
Preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Prior accounting experience and education preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Skill in operating Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Ability to perform six-digit addition, subtraction, multiplication and division calculations at average or better speeds
• Ability to type a minimum of 45 words per minute
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a minimum amount of errors
Education and Experience: High School diploma or equivalent is required. Preferred qualifications include: four years accounting and/or bookkeeping experience with emphasis on general ledger, payroll and accounts payable.
Additional Information: This is a full time, hourly, non-exempt position with an outstanding benefit package which includes health, vision, and dental insurance, 401K matching, and a retirement program. CVT is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. This position requires membership in the IBEW Local 1547 Union and satisfactory results of a background check and drug screen (including marijuana). Starting wage for this position is $20.90 per hour, with increases scheduled in accordance with the current collective bargaining agreement between CVT and the IBEW.
A full job description may be viewed online at www.cvtc.org.
To apply, submit an application, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications may be downloaded from www.cvtc.org. Application packets will be accepted until Friday, August 23rd, 2019. This position is based out of our Valdez, AK office.
CVT will not open emails that contain only attachments or those with linked documents.
Please be sure to include pertinent information in your email.