Alluvion Communications is looking for an Associate Network Analyst to support our current Network Operations Center. This is an immediate full-time opening. The Associate Network Analyst monitors and maintains WAN/LANs and associated network nodes, respond to alarms and isolates network service faults. The Associate Network Analyst utilizes network monitoring and ticketing software to provide best in class service to customers throughout our network.
The Associate Network Analyst reports directly to the NOC Manager.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Associate Network Analyst is part of a highly technical team responsible for 24x7 support of optical networks containing networking devices that include switches, routers, and firewalls.
• The Associate Network Analyst will be tasked with alarm monitoring/response, any needed escalation and resolution of incidents.
• The Associate Network Analyst will be expected to work as part of a team to solve simple networking issues in a time-sensitive environment.
• Knowledge of some network operations tools, servers, and applications, e.g. Cisco, Extreme, Ocular IP, Logic Monitor.
• Monitor the system for equipment failure or errors in performance.
• Provide telephone support to customers and technicians.
• Create and manipulate data and to produce reports.
• The Associate Network Analyst position supports Alluvion with support as directed by the Subsidiary Manager.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite/365.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated documentation skills.
• Demonstrated skill in documenting practices and procedures.
• Ability to create, implement and follow standard processes.
• Effective in communicating with IT associates and customers at all levels.
• Effective in listening to and understanding information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Able to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
• Able to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to specific rules/sets of rules (e.g., numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
• Ability to work with frequent interruptions pays close attention to detail and has a high level of accuracy.
• Alert to potential problems; has the ability to tell when something is, or likely to go, wrong.
• Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce solutions that make sense.
• Consistently demonstrates a high degree of integrity and honesty.
• Maintains strict confidentiality guidelines in accordance with company policy.
• Able and willing to continue business and technical skill development.
• Coordinates and adjusts actions in relation to others' actions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) is required.
- 0 - 2 years of telecommunications, including Network surveillance experience is preferred.
- Previous NOC and Tech Analyst experience is highly preferred, but not required.
Note: Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that would enable the
applicant to satisfactorily perform and meet the duties required of the position may be considered
in meeting the stated minimum requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to use hands, to sit, lift up to 20 lbs., stoop, bend, reach with hands/arms.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Requires the ability to speak, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties of the job. Must communicate clearly in English.
• Must be able to perform and complete multiple tasks.
• Some shift work may be required.
• Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift in 24 x 7 x 365 NOC operation.
▪ Will be asked to provide 39 months driving record. Position requires insurability under GRTI
▪ Will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
As a matter of Company policy, all employment is on an at-will basis, meaning that employment shall last for so long as mutually agreeable. Either the employee or the Company may terminate the employment at any time with or without cause.
Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified enrolled Gila River Community Members, other
Indians and non-Indian spouses of officially enrolled Community members in accordance with Tribal
Employment Rights Office (T.E.R.O.) Ordinance (No. GR-02-09, Gila River Indian Community).
Gila River Telecommunications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, subject to
Indian Hiring Preference.