Openings in Idaho Falls, ID, Soda Springs, ID, Driggs, ID or Freedom, WY
Perform skilled technical duties relating to the installation and maintenance of broadband facilities and services. Install, maintain and service customer premise equipment (CPE), key systems, VOIP, CCTV systems, door access, WIFI, wiring, peripherals, and hardware/software.
Essential Job Functions:
• Install and maintain services on the distribution network from the Central Office switch to the demarcation point.
• Perform all setup, testing and maintenance required for CPE installation of POTS, DSL and Networking services.
• Install and maintain CPE local area networks (LAN) and Wi-Fi networks.
• Install and maintain network interface devices (NID) and Optical Network Terminals (ONT).
• Perform basic VOIP and Key System, basic wireless infrastructure, and Cloud Services installations, troubleshooting, and upgrades.
• Preforms basic Door Access, CCTV, Low voltage prewire, and Security installations, troubleshooting, and upgrades.
• Perform skilled troubleshooting from the MDF to the demarcation point including CPE.
• Respond to trouble tickets within acceptable company timeframe standards.
• Perform advanced outside plant (OSP) testing on trouble tickets.
• Perform advanced troubleshooting on Customer Premise Equipment (CPE).
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, identify and resolve Wi-Fi, camera, door access, VIOP, networking, or service related issues.
• Install OSP facilities according to engineered work orders or service orders in compliance with RUS and NEC standards.
• Perform routine preventive maintenance and standard repairs to distribution systems.
• Perform cable/fiber testing and splicing.
• Locate buried copper and fiber optic cabling.
• Meet documentation timeframe standards for closing trouble tickets, service orders, timesheets, etc.
• Record and report all record changes immediately to Service Center.
• Complete inventory replenish requests as needed.
• Keep service truck clean, organized and stocked with required inventory to perform job duties.
• Ensures OSP facilities are maintained to RUS and telecom industry standards.
• Performs duties related to FCC regulation compliance and NEC compliances. Promotes and adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
• Be the face of Silver Star Communications, championing the company as a key player in the local community
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Provide exceptional customer service
• Adhere to corporate policies and procedure
Experience / Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent, plus two years of experience in Telephony or Networking Installation and Repair. A+ and Net+ certification is strongly preferred.
• Ability to hold a Wyoming or Idaho Low Voltage Technician license.
• A basic knowledge of electricity, fiber optic theory, telephone, DSL, Canopy, Coax and Network installation and maintenance is required.
• Knowledge of industry related test equipment and locating equipment is required.
• Ability to install and troubleshoot CPE devices related to telephone, broadband and internal networks.
• Ability to operate a computer and use various software programs.
• Ability to hold a valid Wyoming or Idaho Commercial Driver's License.
• Ability to perform the basic duties of the Cable Maintenance Technician.
• Ability to provide after hours support on a rotational on-call basis and to work off-hours as needed.
• PBX, VOIP/SIP, Security, Door Access, Ubiquity Certifications preferred.
• Actively participate in the team environment that will foster forward thinking, innovation and creativity in order to meet the needs of the company now and in the future.
• Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The ideal person for this job would be a team player, personable, professional, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, uses tact and diplomacy.
• Proven analytical skills, work requires continual attention to detail. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
• Resourceful, roll up the sleeves attitude. The successful candidate must have the initiative to resolve problems and seek answers independently and enthusiastically persist until goals are achieved.