Position Overview: This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Senior Construction Manager. The primary focus of this position will be cable splicing, testing, trouble shooting, locating and cable repair. Additional requirements include general labor on construction sites, hauling and operating heavy equipment (CDL required), the ability to read and understand construction/splicing prints, and provide as-build documentation for engineering/recording purposes. This position requires the ability to work without close supervision and be a dependable self-starter while working in a harmonious manner with co-workers and Sacred Wind customers.
• Cable splicing, bonding, grounding, organization, and acceptance of existing and new cables
• Operate test equipment to perform diagnostic analysis to meet broadband specifications
• Performs cable locating, as needed.
• Safely operates plows and trenchers in burying cable plant and service drops at customer locations.
• Operates other heavy equipment, as necessary, responsible for routine care and maintenance of all assigned equipment.
• Ability to work safely under stressful conditions.
• Evaluates job site to assess optimal placement of fixed wireless equipment, and installs equipment
• Maintenance services, directed by supervisor (clean-up, wash vehicles, landscaping, etc.)
• Maintains rights-of-way, including patching roadways and back fill areas.
• Installs and removes aerial cable.
• Proofs conduit and pulls cable.
• Installs and maintains pedestals, poles, and carrier sites equipment
• Performs general labor duties on construction sites (shoveling and raking gravel, lifting heavy construction materials, etc.)
• Works with metal, lumber, concrete and asphalt.
• Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills and be able to work with limited supervision and work in high performance, team
• Demonstrates abilities to learn and keep pace with changing technologies.
• Interacts with other departments to coordinate and complete job assignments.
• Maintains a professional image.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function, or as assigned.
• Five to ten years working experience with the following: telecom construction and splicing, basic telephony, DSL technologies, electricity,
electronics and light, IP based telecommunications, fiber and copper cable splicing, overhead and buried construction.
• Working knowledge and maintenance of appropriate hand tools, test and safety equipment.
• Must be able to read and understand maps, diagrams, drawings, and engineering schematics.
• Must be computer literate and be able to learn and apply new computer technologies.
• Must be able to perceive differences in wire and cable colors.
• Valid state driver ' s license is required, along with a clean driving record.
• Must have, and maintain throughout employment, a Class A (CDL) driver ' s license.
• Wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Able to climb poles up to 18 '.
• Able to climb various ladders up to and including 30' extensions.
• Ability to operate various construction machinery safely.
• Able to operate heavy equipment such as power augers, snow machines, power trenchers, bucket trucks, tractors, etc.
• Able to bend, stoop, squat and lift overhead for long periods of time.
• Must be physically fit to perform job (must be able to lift 80 lbs.).
• Ability to work in all types of weather.
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, including overnight(s).
• Must live within 30 minutes of Gallup, New Mexico in order to respond to unscheduled outages in a timely manner.
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• Knowledge and skills usually acquired through technical and electronics training and/or minimum of (5) years of experience in OSP telecom or