Performs a variety of duties pertaining to cable television repair that consist of but not limited to preventive and/or demand maintenance and repair of the hybrid fiber coax network including all of its associated equipment. In addition duties may include but not limited to changes of service, disconnection of service, installation and/or any special customer requests with regard to installation.
• Provides effective customer service by responding to service repair and installation calls and offering information about additional product options, sales campaigns and promotions.
• Troubleshoot and repair basic distribution problems associated with RF, AC, DC portions of the forward and reverse plant.
• Perform routine fiber node optimization, balancing, aligning, and adjustment of components and equipment used to amplify and process signals
• Sets trunk levels, sets-up and changes out trunk amplifiers, calculates signal level losses in cable and equipment for trunk lines and distribution lines.
• Analyzes picture quality and judges acceptability of picture delivered following installation of cable service.
• On a regular basis test all HFC network components using test equipment including but not limited to signal level meters, volt-ohm meters, spectrum analyzers, optical power meter, leakage detectors, OTDR and other related test equipment.
• Monitor, record, and repair signal leakage.
• Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed.
• Lifts and carries loads up to 25 lbs (including line ladder) and works within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
• Must have knowledge of splicing coaxial plant
• Fiber splicing knowledge
• Willing to work afterhours and weekends as needed
• Current valid driver’s license.
• Reads general drop system layouts from blueprints.
• On Call duty will be required.
• Inform customers of FCC Rules and Company policies as they pertain to customers.
• Drives Company vehicles in performance of job duties and uses bucket truck.
• Completes appropriate paperwork functions as prescribed by standard office procedures.
• Performs other duties such as clean-up and salvage of replaced materials; provides general assistance to other employees as directed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Qualified individual should have knowledge and abilities of the following:
• Understanding of HFC networks and optical design
• Experience with cable and data wiring installations, terminations and trouble shooting
• Understand basic electrical and electronic concepts
• Able to read and interpret blueprints, circuit diagrams and technical documents
• Able to clearly communicate with customers regarding products, services, pricing, warranties and support
• Knowledge of current products and services as well as understanding of new technology available to enhance existing product line
• Intermediate working knowledge of Windows Microsoft Office suite
• Use of mechanical and electric power tools and safety procedures
• Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner
• Evaluate, test, and repair sophisticated equipment
• Work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand
• Organize and manage projects
• Able to carry and climb ladders and work in confined spaces
• Able to work overtime, when required
• Possess a valid state driver’s license
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 1 – 2 years experience working with telephone installation and/or cable television programming, trouble shooting and setup monitoring.