Peoples Telecommunications, LLC (“Peoples”), located in LaCygne, Kansas, is a privately-owned company providing telecommunication and broadband services to subscribers in Eastern Kansas, approximately 45 miles south of Kansas City Metro Area.
Peoples is currently seeking a CEO/General Manager to oversee all areas of the business. Responsibilities include effectively communicating pertinent information to the Board of Directors, executing short and long-term business objectives; evaluating new business opportunities and making recommendations to the Board of Directors; planning, directing, and evaluating work and performance of Peoples’ employees; and controlling the Company’s budget.
The GM will also serve as a liaison between the Company and community, regulatory agencies, legislative bodies, and/or industry associations. The candidate will be required to live in the service area.
The successful candidate will also be desired to have prior Managerial experience in the rural telecommunications industry. Candidates should have detailed knowledge of the industry standards and regulations, budgeting, P&L and operations management, and personnel leadership.
• Directs activities of independent telephone company either directly or through subordinate managers. Ensures business and financial objectives are met by providing leadership and direction for all lines of business.
• Interprets and implements objectives and directives adopted by board of directors. Establishes and implements operating procedures, policies and guidelines to support board objectives.
• Ensures all operations comply with applicable federal, state and location regulations. Serves as a company representative before regulatory agencies, legislative bodies and industry associations as appropriate.
• Identifies new technology and business opportunities. Directs efforts to research and evaluate new technology and business opportunities for continued company development and expansion.
• Provides technical information and advice to board of directors regarding industry issues. Updates board of directors on company financial status and operating issues as appropriate.
• Participates in board of directors meetings and strategic planning activities.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by board of directors.
• Knowledge of telecommunications industry, including broadband.
• Knowledge of telecom operations, technology, and equipment.
• Knowledge of regulatory environment and the business impact of proposed and adopted regulatory changes.
• Knowledge of management and finance principles and practices.
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs and telephone systems.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in public speaking.
• Skill in reading and understanding financial reports, industry regulations and proposed legislation.
• Ability to communicate with customers, employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to demonstrate skills in leadership and general management.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
• Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee morale.
Compensatory with Experience
Robust benefits package
Bachelor’s Degree Desired
Resumes must be received by July 1, 2019. If you meet these qualifications, please email a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references, in confidence to Peoples at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Peoples Telecommunications, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.