Custer Telephone Cooperative, Inc. (Custer) is a small, locally-owned co-op located in Central Idaho. Custer provides voice, broadband and wireless communications to approximately 1500 customers across 1,043 square miles of territory within Custer and Lemhi counties. Custer also owns and operates a CLEC in a neighboring community of Salmon, Idaho, providing voice, video, broadband and wireless communications to approximately 1,700 customers. Custer is operated and managed by 26 full time employees and a 7-member board of directors.
Due to the upcoming and well deserved retirement of the current CEO/GM, Custer is currently seeking a CEO/General Manager candidate to oversee all areas of the business and its wholly owned subsidiary Custer Telephone Broadband Services LLC. Responsibilities include effectively communicating pertinent information to the Board of Directors, executing short and long-term business objectives; evaluating new business opportunities and making recommendations to the Board of Directors; planning, directing, and evaluating work and performance of Custer’s’ employees and controlling the Company’s budget.
The General Manager will also serve as a liaison between the Company and community, regulatory agencies, legislative bodies, and/or industry associations. The candidate will be required to live in the service area.
The successful candidate will also be desired to have prior Managerial experience in the rural telecommunications industry. Candidates should have detailed knowledge of the industry standards and regulations, budgeting, P&L and operations management, and personnel leadership.
• Directs activities of independent telephone company (and subsidiary LLC), either directly or through subordinate managers/supervisors.
• Oversees all facets of employment practices and employee relations. Talent recruitment, interviewing, hiring and orientation.
• Ensure business and financial objectives are met by providing leadership and direction for all lines of business. Responsible for detailed budget preparation in collaboration with the Company’s Director of Finance.
• Implement operating procedures to comply with policies established and adopted by the Board of Directors.
• Interprets and implements objectives and directives adopted by the board of directors.
• Ensures all operations comply with applicable federal, state and location regulations. Serves as a company representative before regulatory agencies, legislative bodies and industry associations as appropriate.
• Identifies new technology and business opportunities. Directs efforts to research and evaluate new technology and business opportunities for continued company development and expansion.
• Provides technical information and advice to board of directors regarding industry issues.
• Updates board of directors on company financial status and operating issues as appropriate.
• Participates in board of directors’ meetings and strategic planning activities.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by board of directors.
• Knowledge of telecommunications industry, including broadband and wireless.
• Knowledge of co-op principles.
• Knowledge of telecom operations, technology, and equipment.
• Knowledge of regulatory environment and the business impact of proposed and adopted regulatory changes.
• Knowledge of management and finance principles and practices.
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs and telephone systems.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in public speaking.
• Skill in reading and understanding financial reports, industry regulations and proposed legislation.
• Ability to communicate with customers, employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to demonstrate skills in leadership and general management.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
• Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee morale in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Based on Experience
Benefits:Robust benefits package Education:
Bachelor’s Degree Desired
Resumes must be received by September 13, 2019. If you meet these qualifications, please email a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references, in confidence to Custer Telephone at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants that are selected for interviews will be notified.
An Equal Opportunity Employer