Copper Valley Telecom is a progressive communications company offering a variety of services in the Prince William Sound & Copper River Basin regions of Alaska. We are currently seeking a Chief Operating Officer to join our team.
In this role, the Chief Operating Officer:
• Manages daily activities of plant, engineering, wireless, internet, and customer care employees either directly or through subordinate managers.
• Directs workflow and employee scheduling, checks work for accuracy, ensures appropriate staff levels, counsels and encourages employee growth.
• Accounts for all inventory materials, oversees plant and engineering projects, researches and develops potential future projects, and is responsible for effective utilization of facilities to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Ensures ongoing and efficient operations by overseeing the development of work plans to assure system continuity; development of preventative maintenance procedures; maintenance of plant, vehicles, test equipment and construction equipment; and the keeping of timely and accurate records. Manages CPE projects and subsequent billings.
• Provides input and support to the CEO/General Manager in the formulation, revision, and implementation of policies and tariffs.
• Prepares annual capital and expense budget, administers budget, and tracks budgeted items in comparison to actual expenses.
General Qualifications, Industry Knowledge, Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering
• A minimum of ten years progressive experience in telecommunications operations
• A minimum of five years supervisory experience in plant operations and wireless and internet operations
• Knowledge of RUS, OSHA, and AOSHA regulations, industry specifications and guidelines
• Knowledge of switching, transmission, distribution, and CPE facilities
• Knowledge of equipment used in construction and maintenance of telephone plant
• Excellent communications skills
A full job description may be viewed online at www.cvtc.org. CVT is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. This is a full time, salaried, exempt position with an outstanding benefits package. This position requires satisfactory results of a background check and drug screen (including marijuana).
To apply send resume, application, and cover letter to Rebecca Smith, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled. Please note that CVT will not open emails without content or those with linked documents.
Please attach files as PDFs or Word files.