The CTO will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will serve as the most senior technology executive in the organization. The successful executive will have full P&L responsibility for the technology function and will be responsible for planning and attaining network growth, cost targets, and other metrics required to meet annual corporate goals.
This position is responsible for overseeing, shaping, directing, staffing and developing all aspects of the technology organization and providing leadership for the achievement of maximum profitability, revenue growth and network optimization. We are searching for a technology leader who will bring a strategic, tactical and practical technology mindset, vision, planning and execution expertise to the technology function.
The successful candidate will have exceptional experience in executing and driving technology growth and development and will bring a sustained strategic focus, discipline and process orientation resulting in a more proactive technology organization. He/she will structure and size the organization appropriately.
Great Plains Communications is seeking a highly experienced CTO and proven technology leader, with a demonstrable track record and deep technical knowledge of fiber networks. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to decisions where to expand the fiber footprint, deploy capital, support potential acquisitions and, in conjunction with the CEO, develop and implement a technology growth and development strategy for the company.
This position will also work closely with the executive management team to grow the company through the use and deployment of technology resources. Additionally, the successful candidate will contribute to the company’s growth by providing input on developing additional products, services and service areas. The position manages all IT and Network personnel.
• Minimum of 15+ years of managing IT systems, network operations, network/voice/central office/CATV engineering teams in a multi-location office or geographically-dispersed corporate environment – which includes 5+ years of strategic planning experience
• Knowledge of Internet networking, long haul networks, voice networks, and information systems technologies
• Knowledge of Internet technologies including IP protocol, routing, switching, network management, and security
• Project management training and work experience
• Thorough understanding of computing system technologies and environments – including servers, PCs, high capacity storage systems, and data center facilities
• Experience in providing customer service and support to internal and external clients
• Knowledge of telephony technologies
• Knowledge of CATV and fiber optic network technologies
• Ability to coordinate numerous projects concurrently
• Knowledge of key industry standards and certifications relevant to the telecommunications industry
• Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations
• Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management
• Familiarity with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements
• Desired qualifications: Certifications in Project Management, Business Continuity Planning, ITIL, Quality Processes, Security, Networking (technical and management)
The successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Network Engineering, or a similar degree. MBA/MS degree in a related field is preferred.
The compensation package for this position consists of a competitive and attractive base salary, bonus, and participation in a meaningful executive equity incentive plan.
To apply, visit www.gpcom.com/careers.