This position reports to the Technologies Manager and is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of the Central Office equipment. This position works with and supports field technicians with the maintenance and installation of high speed internet, carrier equipment, special circuits, data transmissions, and associated equipment. The CO NOC Technician also provides technical support to Field Technicians and other members of the Sacred Wind Team. Facilitates and/or Project Manages Central Office system installations, repairs, updates, and upgrades. Troubleshoots system-related problems and issues and works with vendors and occasionally customers to resolve technical issues within the network. Maintains and utilizes Software support tools to generate various reports for inner departmental use as well as upper management.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot software and hardware problems related to Central Office technology.
- Install, maintain, and repair all Central Office equipment.
- Configuration, maintenance, and monitoring of access servers, Internet servers including DNS, radius, web, LDAP, e-mail, network monitoring and CMS servers.
- Support Company’s field technicians with installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of all Telecom related Services.
- Support Company’s field technicians with carrier equipment, special circuits, data transmissions, and all associated equipment. (T1, T3, OC-x, Ethernet, radio, DACS, DSL, MUX, and IP networking elements;
- In-depth knowledge of the Following Vendors/Products; MetaSwitch, ADTRAN, Fujitsu, Cambium, and other systems installed in production at the Company).
- Strong Emphasis on ADTRAN and ONT/DSL technologies.
- Work with the IT and Outside Plant Departments to resolve outages.
- Read, interpret, & modify wiring and schematic drawings, analogue and digital circuitry.
- Keep detailed plant records for each installed or removed circuit in our Central Office.
- Complete ASR’s, trunk orders, and system diagnostics, as necessary in resolution of customer and Business Office complaints.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical documents, and reports.
- Facilitates Central Office and NOC system installations, updates and upgrades.
- Troubleshoots system-related problems and issues and works with vendors, team members and customers to resolve technical issues within the network.
- Other Duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED required. Some college – an Associate’s Degree preferred.
COMP TIA NT+ or similar knowledge level.
At least 5 years’ experience with advanced software-based digital switch equipment.
At least 5 years’ experience with telecommunications’ Outside Plant equipment and digital radio systems.
Working knowledge and ability to install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair T1, T3, OC-x, Ethernet, radio, DACS, DSL, MUX, and IP networking elements.
Working knowledge of and an ability to operate MetaSwitch, ADRTAN, Fujitsu, Cambium, and ONT systems installed in production at the Company.
Experienced with all MS Windows-based software, including MS Office, MS Visio, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
Sacred Wind provides Landline & Broadband services to rural areas within New Mexico.
Qualified candidates can email their resume and cover letter to:
For more information about this job opportunity please visit our website: