Combination Tech will install, maintain/troubleshoot various customer premise equipment. This typically involves wiring or rewiring, prep of equipment and onsite installation, could also involve participation in placement of the drop wire. Services being installed normally include voice, video and internet and can be installed in either a residential or commercial setting. This work is in 100% fiber to the home exchanges. This is an entry-level position with no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties, Experience and Responsibilities:
• Telecom experience preferred but not required.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to complete work in a timely manner to keep customer service commitment times.
• Contacting customers, external and/or internal will be required.
• Adapt in changes in the business to include advances in technology, new skills and new procedures.
• Must be able to climb various types of ladders, sit, bend, stoop, stand, and walk, occasionally over uneven terrain, for extended periods.
• Travel within the region and/or throughout the country could be required, this could require overnights stay.
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
• Test equipment and machinery to ensure it is in good working order.
• Clean up job site at end of day and ensure all equipment is properly secure for the night.
• Must pass a background check and/or drug screening test.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions.
• Ability to accept emergency callouts.
• Ability to work on-call schedule.
• Function as a team player with ability and willingness to train on the job with unfamiliar or new equipment as needed.
• Ability to achieve required certifications and to successfully complete and required training or coursework.
• Ability to work with equipment and hand tools necessary to perform installs or installation of customer premise equipment
• Knowledge of NNTC company products, policies and procedures
• Ability to read or interpret documents necessary to install or maintain customer premise equipment.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers, supervisors, customers and various business professionals in a respectful and courteous manner.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Position will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Preferred Duties, Experience and Responsibilities:
• Any degree in computer, electrical or telecommunications orientated field.
• 3+ years in telecommunications field.
• Experience in fiber splicing
• Experience in locating fiber facilities
• Experience in Hosted or Non-Hosted PBX Systems
Can be located either in or around Stuart or Long Pine Nebraska.