New Windsor Telephone Company is seeking a highly motivated, team player with technician experience. The position is a combination of both field operation and construction technician work. Founded in 1958, the company serves over 500 customers providing telephone, high speed internet and digital cable tv. Located in New Windsor, IL, south of the Quad Cities, the company has a staff of 5 employees.
Essential Job Functions:
Install new services and equipment at customer residence, as well as troubleshoot and repair existing services. Confer with customers to determine problems and find acceptable resolutions. Complete appropriate paperwork for billing charges. Maintain and locate buried fiber and copper lines within our exchange as needed. Upkeep fiber pedestals. Perform all other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of test, switching and electronic equipment
• Knowledge of voice communications and digital technology
• Knowledge of wireless router; setup and configuration
• Skills in operating service equipment and various tools
• Skills in splicing and wiring - copper/fiber
• Ability to communicate with co-workers, customers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner
• Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand
• Ability to perform physical labor including climbing, stooping/kneeling, lifting/pushing as well as proper eye/hand coordination
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent, plus 2 years of telecommunications schooling or equivalent work experience.
To learn more about, NWTC, visit https://www.nwtelephone.com. Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 309-667-2888 or New Windsor Telephone Company, PO Box 488, New Windsor, IL 61465.
Wages plus benefits is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Contacts: Steve Saylor, General Manager
Lori Olson, Office Manager