ElectriCom, a Utility Construction company founded in 1960, has experienced continuous growth since its inception. The company takes pride in focusing on family values both in the workplace and with its customer base. ElectriCom seeks employees with the ability and desire to work for a progressive company. ElectriCom offers a competitive package for both wages and benefits. Employees who show quality performance will have the opportunity for advancement and further development of skills.
**Possible sign-on bonus depending on experience!!**
A Construction Project Manager should be skilled in both project and people management and have a strong interest in joining a successful and growing company. This role provides project oversight for telecommunication construction projects within an assigned area. Individual works to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule throughout the project lifecycle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Single point of contact to manage the deployment, execution and closeout of a variety of fiber optic projects to include fiber to the cell-site (FTTCS), fiber to the building (FTTB), fiber to the home (FTTH), backhaul, backbone, and metro fiber ring build-outs in rural, residential, and metropolitan areas
• Lead a construction team(s) within residential, rural, and metropolitan areas including in-house crews and sub-contractors
• Manage project budget, scope definition, and project lifecycle with profit and loss responsibilities under Directors direction
• Manage and track project milestones and timelines. Track, review, and approve in-house and sub-contractor daily production reports, create and manage progressive project documentation
• Ensure safety and quality policies and expectations are met
• Managing relationship to coordinate with customers, city officials, jurisdictional authorities, and utility representatives
• Must perform on-site surveys and coordinate field meetings to ensure projects meet the delivery/commitment dates identified
• Maintain accurate as-builds to ensure all changes in the field are documented
• Maintain inventory controls to ensure minimum levels are maintained
COMMUNICATION RESPONSIBILITIES/ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
• Ability to engage with the customer/client, and establish a cohesive relationship
• Ability to listen to customer’s needs and propose solutions to help resolve their issues.
• Be able to communicate internally and externally the technical aspects of the project in a clear and concise way.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 5 years in the telecommunications industry with outside plant construction, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures, optical transport equipment, and project management experience
• Experience preferred with OSP management, including quoting, construction and delivery
• Working knowledge of inside and outside plant fiber optic network infrastructure, engineering design and construction
• Proficiency with Email, MS Excel, Word, and Google Earth
• Must possess a valid driver’s license as regional travel may be required
• Advanced knowledge of public right of way and ISP/OSP Fiber Optic Plant deployments to include maintenance of traffic (MOT)