Breda Telephone Corporation d/b/a Western Iowa Networks is looking for a full-time Construction Technician for their Carroll, IA operations.
• Places buried fiber optic and copper cable or duct systems using plowing, digging, trenching, and boring equipment.
• Construction and maintenance of new and existing fiber and copper cable facilities.
• Must be able to use backhoe, trenching and plowing equipment, mini-excavator and hand tools for construction, cleanup and restoration.
• Locate and expose existing underground fiber and cable plant facilities, and identify other utilities after they have been located.
• Keep up-to-date on County, City, and State permit requirements.
• Keep County, City, and State officials up-to-date on plant construction.
• Read communication prints, maps, and staking sheets for placing fiber, copper cable, or underground conduit.
• Backhoe, trencher, vibratory plow, and mini-excavator operation experience preferred
• Fiber splicing experience beneficial
• Individual needs to be very customer oriented
• Computer experience preferred
• Company offers competitive wages and an attractive benefit package
• Pre-Employment Drug Screen required
• Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) required for company insurance qualifications
• Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) required
• Breda Telephone Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)