Supports the Chief Financial Officer in ensuring that the Company’s accounting processes are fully compliant with standards and that the Company maintains and utilizes a set of sound internal control processes. Prepares finance/accounting and billing related reports for the Company and its affiliates. Analyzes financial reports and records, makes recommendations relative to the accounting issues. Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records. Conducts special studies and recommends accounting methods and procedures. Supervises accounting, finance, purchasing and warehouse personnel engaged in general accounting, finance and purchasing activities including material inventory. Works with other internal departments and outside consultants on a wide variety of job-related matters. Assists with budgeting, loans and other accounting, auditing, and financial reports as needed.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the daily activities of the general accounting function including, accounts payable, cash deposits, miscellaneous receivables, purchasing, property accounting and general accounting. Ensures that entries are properly recorded, and financial reports are prepared accurately and timely.
- Work with other departments to ensure that appropriate inventory levels are maintained for items requested by all departments. This includes approving all material purchases not being charged directly to a work order.
- Perform financial statement analysis including identifying and reviewing significant variances.
- Complete various regulatory reports as required.
- Working with consultants and provide necessary information for the cost studies and annual benchmark survey.
- Prepare analysis of new products/services and/or proposed pricing changes to ensure profitability.
- Ensure that NISC software is being fully utilized and integrated whenever possible to increase efficiency.
- Assists in the budget process.
- Conduct employee evaluations.
- Works on special projects at the direction of the Chief Financial Officer.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function or as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of telephone organization.
- Knowledge of standards, rules and regulations governing telephone utility operations.
- Able to administer accounting standards and guidelines.
- Skill in reading and interpreting statistical and financial data.
- Ability to create an efficient working environment with minimal supervision.
- Must become familiar with company policies, procedures, products and services.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Able to understand internal control concepts.
- Must be familiar with computer-based programs (accounting software, Microsoft office products).
- Must possess time management and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Must be a team player within the department and the organization.
- Able to create a team environment and sustain employee morale.
- Able to think analytically and be a problem solver.
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of classified information.
- Able to communicate effectively, both in writing and in speaking, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Able to work completely and accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Able to provide excellent customer service.
- Able to work in a safe and effective manner.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to the following education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be: Bachelors’ degree in accounting or related field; 10 years of related work experience in telecommunications industry. A CPA or CMA certificate is a plus.
- Must be able to read computer screen and various reports.
- Must be able to use personal computer and office equipment.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with employees and business contacts.
- Sits, walks and stands intermittently during working day.
- Stoops and bends when using files.
- May be required to lift up to 15 pounds.
- This position may require 8 to 10 hour days, flexible hours and some weekends.
- Occasional travel may be required.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, an employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Nemont reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities
Submit resume and online application at https://www.nemont.com/