Colorado Valley Telephone Cooperative, Inc. (CVTC) was established in 1953 and is located in rural Central Texas, midway between Austin and Houston. We offer our members and customers local and long distance telephone service as well as high-speed Internet and broadband services. We are one of the largest companies in Fayette County and are committed to giving back to our community.
CVTC is seeking a highly motivated individual focused on quality customer service to join our team to fill the position of a Customer Relations Assistant.
Serves as primary point of contact for new customers. Assists customers with billing inquiries, new service requests, upgrades and disconnects. Completes paperwork for service applications and disconnects. Sells and promotes services of the company while dealing with new and existing customers.
Essential Job Functions
• Provides customer service by assisting customers with billing inquiries, new service requests, service plan changes, disconnects, service questions and concerns. Completes appropriate paperwork for service plan changes and disconnects.
• Handles reconnects of services of customers with late payments. Performs collection functions on delinquent accounts.
• Promotes and sells services to new and existing customers.
• Develops and sends correspondence to customers including membership letters, welcome packets, etc.
• High school diploma or equivalent plus one year of customer service experience.
• Excellent writing and speaking abilities.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of general office procedures.
• Knowledge of basic cashiering practices.
• Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, fax and telephone systems.
• Skills in prioritizing and completing multiple projects.
• Skill in identifying problems and resolutions.
• Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
• Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively function as a team player.
CVTC offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package as well as a challenging work environment. CVTC is also a drug free workplace, conducting pre-employment and random post-hire drug screenings. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit for confidential consideration a cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com, or mail to Colorado Valley Telephone Cooperative, Inc., Attn: Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 130, La Grange, TX 78945. E.O.E.