SUMMARY: A Customer Sales Representative Sells and promotes products and services offered by Green Hills Communications to new and existing customers. Uses techniques such as up-selling, suggestive selling, cold-call selling, door-to-door selling and offering sales promotions to make sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• A Customer Sales Representative uses techniques such as up-selling, suggestive selling, cold-call selling, door-to-door selling and offering new sales promotions to obtain sales from new and existing customers. Meets established yearly quota numbers set forth by the Marketing & Sales Manager.
• Maintains a high knowledge of company products, services, service territories, pricing and technical capabilities/limitations, hardware and others necessary information to reach the customer.
• Participate in special events such as sponsored events, fund-raisers, community exhibits, and other events as necessary
• Works with customers in person, by phone or via electronic conversation to answer questions regarding service features, options, upgrades, and billing/payment concerns.
• Provides technical support for TV, phone and Internet issues.
• Accepts and posts payments to customer accounts. Investigates and resolves customer billing issues, applies approved credits/adjustments, and confers with other departments to resolve billing issues. Establishes payment arrangements and security deposits with customers according to credit policy guidelines for delinquent accounts. Assists with processing insufficient checks and related correspondence.
• Strong sales skills required. One-year business certificate from college or technical school and minimum six months related sales experience and/or 3 years’ experience in retail/service sales.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concrete concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations, as well as the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
• Ability to work with computer software, including Microsoft Word & Microsoft Excel. Ability to learn computer software.
• Job duties may include creating sales opportunities through cold calling efforts and door-to-door sales efforts throughout Green Hills service areas.