Customer Service Manager
Department: Customer Service Department
Reports To: Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Directs day-to-day activities of Customer Service department by providing leadership for daily
operations of Customer Service, including supervising staff, generating revenue, and resolving
customer issues. Assists in developing and implementing improvements designed to increase
team efficiency and generate sales revenues. Will provide ongoing support and coaching for
Customer Service team. Will complete a wide variety of special projects as assigned.
Maintains positive relationships with co-workers, members, affiliates, vendors, and suppliers.
This employee must possess an exceptional positive attitude and get along with other coworkers
and be able to deliver an exceptional customer service experience.
Essential Job Functions
• Supervises all daily activities of the customer service team including all Customer Sales & Service Representatives and Cashier/Receptionist. Includes scheduling and assigning work, determining methods for doing work, inspecting and checking quality of work completed, training employees and resolving employee problems and concerns.
• Reviews service orders and trouble tickets with Customer Service Representatives to ensure customers receive a quality service experience. Reviews and monitors service measurement reports to ensure meeting or exceeding the company’s service objectives. Confers with customers to answer questions and address concerns. Ensures that employees are informed of proper service and equipment charges.
• Promotes sales of products and services by working closely with Marketing, training of employees through meetings, Web-X’s, and external training.
• Establishes and implements customer service standards/practices to ensure quality customer service and subscriber satisfaction.
• Administers credit policies and procedures for subscribers; establishes and implements collection procedures.
• Researches the development and implementation of new products and services. Evaluates products and provides budgetary recommendations to meet the needs of the organization by corresponding and networking with internal & external contacts.
• Maintains relationship with telephone directory publisher by overseeing compilation and publishing of telephone directory. Establishes and maintains a positive relationship with directory publisher to ensure directory needs are met.
• Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieve results with good fiscal policy.
Essential Job Functions (continued)
• Adapts to the evolving and changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities of WRT and the industry.
• Promotes organizational mission and goals by influencing others to act in support of ideas, programs, or causes.
• Displays an ongoing positive commitment to learning and self-improvement; desiring and trying to acquire new knowledge or skills for work.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of the industry.
• Knowledge of management and sales principles and practices.
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware and peripheral equipment, understand telco operations and the ability to adapt information services capabilities to telco demands.
• Skill in identifying and resolving subscriber problems.
• Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs and telephone systems.
• Excellent communication skills to establish and maintain effective communications with customers, employees, supervisors, and business contacts in a professional, timely, and courteous manner.
• Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to effectively manage personnel and workloads to minimize conflict and maximize production.
• Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee morale.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments with varying deadlines in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
• Ability to think analytically and to solve problems.
• Ability to effectively function as a team player and team leader.
• Ability to be self-motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about WRT’s sales culture.
• Ability to think progressively and innovatively while quickly grasping and synthesizing new ideas.
• Ability to create, communicate and implement important service reports that ensure WRT customers are receiving the quality customer service they deserve. This includes service order error tracking, staff call-detail, answer percentage cash drawer balancing and any other reports that are necessary to document quality of WRT customer service.
• Ability to maintain positive attitude.
• Ability to exercise discretion.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable by WRT’s insurance carrier.
Education and Experience
Candidate should possess an Associate or Bachelor’s degree in management, communications, marketing, or an IT technology or business related field. Experience in customer service, supervision, sales/marketing or communications is preferred. Candidate must reside within WRT’s service area.
Reports to WRT Headquarters in Hazen, ND and must reside within WRT service area.
Apply on-line at www.westriv.com or send application/resume and applicable certifications to Michelle Perreault, Human Resources Manager, P.O. Box 467, Hazen, ND 58545 by Friday, March 27, 2020.
WRT is an Equal Opportunity Employer