NTCA – The Rural Broadband Association is looking for a Data & Business Operations Manager to join our Information Technology group. This position will report to the Director of IT and will play an integral role in enhancing the capabilities of the team which consists of data engineers, business analysts and developers. As our Data & Business Operations Manager, you will have the opportunity to oversee all activities related to the integration of both member facing and non-member facing applications and the exchange of data from the organization's information systems, improve association processes and support critical business strategies by directing the selection/development, implementation, and maintenance of association applications.
What will you do?
- Participate and lead cross-functional groups to solve problems and/or implement technology solutions. Provide technical resources and structure to promote collaborative initiatives directly with various user groups to identify work initiatives which impacts organization’s applications. Present solutions and strategies to appropriate staff and solicit necessary approvals. Evaluate and communicate the impact to existing project schedules and cost implications within the proposed solution. Work closely with the Sr. IT Project Manager to guarantee the success of projects.
- Provide leadership with the help of the Sr. IT Project Leader to projects where business partners, users and subject matter experts define, test and implement new processing systems.
- Coordinate routine evaluation of both member facing and non-member facing association business processes to identify problem areas and work process deficiencies and recommend effective solutions. Conduct technology research to meet organizational goals, strategies, practices and approved projects.
- Work directly with all applicable system owners to develop, implement and upgrade applications ensuring they will integrate into the associations existing infrastructure and meet the association’s goals. Work closely with the Technical Support and Networking Manger and the Sr. IT Project Manager to achieve the best user experience possible.
- Manage business intelligence support, data analysis and technical support of organization applications; set standards and policies; configurations, integrations, upgrades and customizations. Assist in the development and enhancement of the strategic automation strategy.
- Manage and supervise data engineers, business analyst and developer staff. Provide leadership and direction necessary to achieve division performance objectives while maintaining a high level of employee morale. Plan and oversee the continuous development of assigned employees technical and customer service skills to support the strategic objectives of the Association.
- Responsible for data science/analytics including the exchange of data between systems internal and external (Vendors) as well as ad hoc and custom reporting from the applications.
- Provide budget and accounting support by preparing and monitoring application budget line items and is responsible for their implementation as approved. Approve invoices and negotiate bids with appropriate vendors.
- Provide leadership for web development.
The ideal candidate will have the following position requirements:
- Understanding and advanced knowledge of organization applications and enterprise operations environments.
- Technical Management and familiarity with all aspects of management information systems and interrelations
- Possesses sound analytical problem-solving and documentation skills
- Communicates effectively with users of Information Systems services
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands
- Executes assigned project tasks within established schedule
- Recognizes processing/programming inefficiencies and recommends improvements
- Works collaboratively with Information Technology staff in all areas
- Documenting user requirements, best practices of application integration and data science/analytics
- Gather buy in across the association for modifications/upgrades to existing applications as well as obtain support for new modules and applications
- Management of cross departmental enterprise software solutions in a technical environment.
- Position requires excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; ability to work with a variety of user and vendor groups; and developed leadership, organization, and project management within business applications
- Practical knowledge, skills & abilities usually acquired through an undergraduate degree in computer science and a minimum of 7-10 years of related work experience and at least 3-5 years supervisory experience. 25% travel is required.
Why work for us?
NTCA offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including, health and wellness plans, Metro/parking subsidy, flexible work schedules, multiple retirement programs, and many more. We are located in a modern office within walking distance of the Ballston Metro Station.