CC Communications is owned & operated by Churchill County, Nevada
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Engineer II – Network/Broadband
Position opens March 2, 2020 and remains open until filled
(Note: May be filled with an Engineer I depending on qualifications)
(Salary placement within the range depends on qualifications and budget constraints)
Plus 100% paid PERS (defined benefit) retirement, health insurance, vacation and sick leave.
Applications are invited for the full-time position of Engineer II – Network/Broadband for CC Communications. The Engineer II – Network/Broadband position overview: Designs, engineers, and coordinates the selection, installation, and acceptance testing of Broadband Video, Broadband Internet, Broadband
- Communicate, actively share knowledge and information
- Accountable, take ownership and responsibility for making, keeping and answering for all commitments to each other and our customers
- Respect, show respect for all
- Cooperate, work as a unified team
- Passionate, passionate about providing employees and customers innovative technology solutions through continual personal and professional growth.
Examples of essential duties and responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Research, configure and engineer equipment for the following areas: Digital Broadband-Video, Digital Broadband Internet, Digital Broadband Competitive Access Provider, Managed Services, Central Office, and Telco Local Loop Facilities
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Work with suppliers and vendors of equipment to obtain cost estimates, recommendations and purchase of equipment.
- Engineer, design, install, monitor and administer the following:
- System equipment such as servers, routers and switches
- Operating system software
- Application software, usually server-based
- Write Job Orders and issue Purchase Orders that include material costs, estimated labor costs, and budget impact assessments.
- Issue detailed drawings and Method of Procedure instructions for installation, and testing of equipment involved.
- Ensure completion of each Job Order and compile all related forms and invoices for Accounting.
- Determine type and quantity of equipment to be installed.
- Order equipment, prepare installation specifications, and monitor progress of installation to ensure facilities are ready on specified date.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair problems with system equipment and/or software.
- Specify environmental conditions for equipment rooms.
- Specify cable types, number of pairs, types of modular jacks, cross connects, hubs, intermediate distribution frames, and equipment racks.
- Coordinate cable installation with cable vendor or in-house cable technician.
- Prepare floor plans of equipment arrangement for customer or management approval.
- Maintain up-to-date records of cable systems, equipment inventory, spares, and floor plans.
- Identify areas of operation, which need upgraded equipment, applications, and operating systems.
- Read technical manuals and brochures to determine equipment needs or system enhancements.
- Meet with contractors, customers, vendors and other companies to discuss available products, enhancements, and services.
- Develop and maintain Broadband Video sites, including buildings, towers, and power.
- Assist and fill in for Sales Engineer as needed.
- May be required to serve as Duty Supervisor as assigned.
- Recognizing that job safety is a primary objective in all duties, attends and participates in company safety and training meetings.
- Drive company vehicles in accordance to company standards.
- Communicate and interact effectively with co-workers, supervisors, managers, contractors, vendors and the general public.
- Attends in-house and outside schooling, trainings or meetings, requiring travel by car, bus, plane or other means for extended periods of time, when necessary to enhance knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE and/or TRAINING: Any combination of training, education and experience that would provide the required skills, knowledge and abilities needed to perform the assigned duties of the position. A typical way to acquire the required skills, knowledge and abilities is:
- Completion of the requirements for an associates or bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, network engineering or technical discipline field is preferred.
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience working in a Broadband-Video/Telephony/Managed Services setting performing duties related to transport facilities associated with Broadband-Video base station/subscriber equipment, microwave radios, Data Management systems, and related functions.
- CAPM Certification (Certified Associate of Project Management) is required. PMP preferred.
- Specialized telephone engineering training or related work experience in telecommunications or a closely related field is preferred.
- Certifications with Calix, Extreme and/or Taqua is a plus
Application materials are available at CC Communications, 50 W. Williams Ave, Fallon, Nevada or online at www.cccomm.net. You must submit a completed CC Communications employment application and a résumé to CC Communications Human Resources, P.O. Box 1390, Fallon, NV, 89407 or drop off at 50 W. Williams Ave., Fallon, Nevada by the deadline for consideration.
Résumés will not be accepted in lieu of completing and submitting the proper application materials by the closing date. Failure to submit the proper application materials will remove the candidate from consideration.
Position will remain open until filled. (Note: May be filled with an Engineer I depending on qualifications). Your application materials must clearly show your qualifications for the position to receive further consideration. Applicants may be required to take a test, submit supplemental material and/or take part in an interview. Successful candidate may be subject to a drug/alcohol screen and a criminal background check.
- Retirement – Public Employee Retirement (PERS) – A defined benefit plan. Benefit payment is based on the average of the 36 highest consecutive months of service. Company pays 100% of contribution, and employee has no Social Security deduction. Five years to vest.
- Company pays 100% of employee premiums for medical, dental, long-term disability, vision and life insurance. (Dependent coverage available at cost to employee.)
- Deferred Compensation plan allows employee to invest money in Pre-Tax dollars to save for retirement.
- Vacation Leave - starting at 12 days per year.
- Holidays – 12 days per year.
- Sick Leave - 15 days per year.
- Tuition Reimbursement and Computer Purchase Program.
- Supplemental Life Insurance, Wellness and Safety Program, Employee Assistance Program and Credit Union membership are available.
This announcement is generally descriptive of the duties and qualifications for the job.
It is not to be construed as an expressed or implied contract.
CC Communications recognizes the fundamental right of applicants and employees to be assessed on merit alone. Therefore, it is the policy of CC Communications to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. CC Communications does not sanction or tolerate discrimination in any form on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability or veteran status.