NTCA – The Rural Broadband Association, is looking for an Executive Director to join its philanthropic arm, the Foundation for Rural Service (FRS). From youth-based initiatives and educational materials for both the public and lawmakers, to consumer awareness and rural economic development, the Executive Director is responsible for planning and implementing new and expanding programs. This position will develop relationships with and support a strong board of directors, build partnerships with entities that have an interest in rural America, and will be responsible for increasing fundraising efforts including grants. This diverse position provides a great opportunity for a professional interested in the nonprofit arena, fund raising and event planning. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in delivering quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Strong fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- The ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Willingness to travel 6-12 times a year with some weekends
Practical knowledge, skills & abilities usually acquired through an undergraduate degree, with 5-7 years of related experience, two in a supervisory position.
NTCA offers competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health and wellness plans, Metro/parking subsidy, flexible work schedules, various retirement savings options, and many more. We are located in a modern office within short walking distance of the Ballston Metro Station and the newly renovated Ballston Common.
To apply, please send a cover letter, salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.