Performs skilled engineering duties relating to the provision of telephone plant construction and maintenance engineering and associated administration for telecommunications facilities.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide for basic design and production of work orders for the installation of outside plant facilities, customer premise equipment, and related electronics facilities and equipment in accordance with RUS, NESC and NEC standards.
• Assists in the development of annual budgets for outside plant related projects.
• Engineers and drafts a variety of work orders for projects and routes for construction and maintenance of aerial, buried and underground outside plant feeder and distribution cable systems.
• Engineers and provides splicing, counts and cut-over sequencing documents for construction, drafts line extension projects.
• Engineers and drafts building entrance and associated terminal cabling systems and building cabling.
• Instigates and follows through in the acquisition of relevant and required easements, rights-of-way and governmental permits.
• Keeps current on all RUS borrower engineering requirements, NEC and NESC code requirements related to telecommunications engineering.
• Completes assignments of cable pairs, DSL equipment, video equipment, and FTTH equipment for Service Orders and Work Orders on an as needed basis.
• Reviews completed work orders and inspects for compliance with applicable regulations.
• Be the face of Silver Star Communications, championing the company as a key player in the development of the local community.
• Meets with the property owner, for routing agreements and follow-up.
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, construction, or project management, and a minimum of two years of outside plant experience.
• Proven experience in construction of telephone facilities, preparation of and acquisition of easements or rights-of-way, legal descriptions, fiber optic cable design or placement, main cable and drop layouts, cable transfers, cable or fiber count-layout, computer aided drafting, and computer records systems.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The ideal person for this job would be a team player, personable, professional, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, uses tact, and diplomacy.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in various stages of development, each with a unique timeline. Work requires continual attention to detail. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
• Exceptional analytical skills and ability to establish business and financial justifications for initiatives.
• Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The ideal person for this job would be a team player, personable, professional, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, uses tact, and diplomacy.
• Work requires continual attention to detail. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
• Resourceful, roll up the sleeves attitude. The successful candidate must have the initiative to resolve problems, seek answers independently, and enthusiastically persist until goals are achieved.
• Ability to maintain a valid Wyoming/Idaho Driver’s License.