Btel is seeking an experienced and proven financial professional for the role of Controller. This key position will report to the Chief Financial Officer and be responsible for the day-to-day financial operations of the company.
Btel, an independent and progressive communications company on the Texas gulf coast, has a long and proud heritage of serving the greater Brazoria area. Btel is focused on providing outstanding customer service, as well as offering the latest innovations and state of the art technology to our customers. Btel is committed to growth and expansion of services, while leveraging our employee knowledge and technical expertise. Btel offers a collaborative, supportive work environment, strong core values, and competitive compensation and benefits, such as paid leave, 401k match, profit sharing, company paid medical, dental, life insurance and more. With an average employee tenure of over 13 years, Btel promotes a team environment that encourages all to reach their full potential.
Essential Job Functions:
• Analyze financial information, billing systems, revenue accounting and identify appropriate improvements in accounting processes and procedures
• Prepare accurate and timely financial statements and reports
• Conduct special studies and manage audits
• Complete regulatory reports as required and work with cost consultants to provide necessary information for various reporting requirements
• Prepare analysis of new products/services or proposed pricing changes to ensure profitability
• Supervise accounting and finance personnel
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to administer accounting standards and guidelines
• Skill in reading and interpreting statistical and financial data
• Ability to create an efficient working environment with minimal supervision
• Extensive experience with computer-based programs, including accounting software, Microsoft Office Products and others (advanced knowledge of Excel required)
The Controller must be a self-starter, able to work efficiently and accurately within time constraints, with limited supervision. The successful candidate must be able to think analytically and have initiative to seek and implement solutions and improvements in the financial systems. Confidentiality, as well as outstanding communication skills, are imperative to the Controller position.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Extensive accounting knowledge and accounting management experience
• CPA preferred, public accounting and/or telecommunications experience is a plus